This veal escalope recipe is extremely easy and simple to whip up, in 15 minutes. The buttery sauce is light and lifted nicely from the citrus lemony notes, with fresh parsley undertones. The sauce also works really well with pork chops… quick and easy Scaloppine al Limone aka veal escalope with lemon, butter and white wine sauce.
- 4 pieces of veal escallops, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 lemons
- 20 grams all purpose flour
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 50 grams butter
- 1 cup White wine
- x1 Bunch fresh washed, finely chopped flat leaf parsley
Time > 5 mins prep, 10 mins cooking
- Pound each piece of veal with a meat hammer until evenly thin.
- Season each piece on both sides well, with salt and pepper. Then dredge each piece in flour on both sides.
- Heat a heavy pan with virgin olive oil until smoking hot, then add veal pieces and fry on each side, until a light golden brown on both sides, then place aside on a separate plate.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice to the frying pan to reduce, until reduced to less than half. Reduce the heat to a simmer, then add the butter and chopped parsley.
- Add the escalopes back to the pan to heat quickly, coat with the sauce.
Plate up and pour the reduced sauce over the veal escallops.
Tip > Try this recipe with pork chops instead.